Monday, October 7, 2019 – 6:45 pm – 8:45 pm
Individual Education Plans (IEPs) & More
Location: Windsor-Essex Family Network
7025 Enterprise Way, Windsor Room A
- Pre-register by October 4, 2019
- Cost is $5 per family payable at the door for those who pre-register
- Registrations received after Oct. 4th will be $10
This presentation provides an understanding of the importance of your child’s Individual Education Plan (IEP) and more. Information will be presented by experienced and knowledgeable educators. There will be time for questions and answers.
Topics covered included:
- What is an IEP?
- Reasons for developing an IEP?
- Who is part of the IEP team?
- Identifying needs and strengths
- Setting goals: What are alternate goals vs. curriculum goals?
- Roles and Responsibilities
- What is an IPRC?
- Ministry Standards
- Questions and answers throughout the evening
Much Appreciation to . . . . . the Enhancing Family Support for Education group, and for the in-kind support and/or volunteers for this initiative from Children First, Family Respite Services, John McGivney Children’s Centre School, Community Living Windsor, Community Living Essex County, Windsor Essex Brokerage for Personal Supports, and Windsor-Essex Family Network.
Also thank you to our partners, the Greater Essex County District School Board and the Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board, for their commitment to this event by helping distribute the information and for presenting and sharing with families at the event.