A learning event created by families for families
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
A NIGHT OF INSPIRATION: For Families Navigating High School
- 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Atonement Family Center, 2940 Forest Glade Drive, WINDSOR
- Advance registration is required
Registration is now closed
Is your son or daughter heading into high school or are they in high school now? Do they have an IEP and/or live with a disability? Are they thinking about a future after high school?
Be prepared to be inspired as families share their high school experiences. Stories, tips, and resources will assist parents and students with understanding secondary school and beyond. Here is what you can expect:
- Family Stories
- Tips on Navigating Pathways and Course Selection
- Helpful Hints on Preparing for Transition to High School, during High school and beyond
- Family Created Resources
- Useful Links to Ministry Documents
- Time to Network with Other Parents
- Questions and Answers
THANK YOU again to the Enhancing Family Support for Education group, and for the in-kind support and/or volunteers for this initiative from: Children First, Family Respite Services, John McGivney Children’s Centre, Community Living Windsor, Community Living Essex County, Windsor Essex Brokerage for Personal Supports, and Windsor-Essex Family Network. Also thank you to the Greater Essex County District School Board and the Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board for sharing the flyer and information about the event with families.
Dreaming Big and Working Towards The Life You Want
Facilitated by Erin Sheldon, M.Ed., Parent, and CEO of Integration Action for Inclusion
Monday, November 26, 2018
- 6:30 pm – 9 pm
- 7025 Enterprise Way, Windsor
- Register early because space is limited
Who should come? This event is for families living with disabilities at any stage of life: families with pre-school children, elementary age, teens or young adults out of school.
How will it benefit you? What to expect? During the hands on part of the evening, people families, and their friends will:
- work on the tool of their choice with the support of a facilitator, or
- continue building on their previous experience by working on a new tool, and
- discover how to use the tools at meeting with schools, support organizations and for planning ahead.
More about this opportunity: Come hear what Erin is sharing across the province and beyond. Erin will be helping families and friends learn about developing and using tools at their meetings such as: a One-Page-Profile, a Vision for the Future and Trajectory to the Vision, and some NEW tools for communication and more
Other events are in the works! Visit us again soon or follow us on Facebook to find out what is happening next!