A learning event created by families for families
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
A NIGHT OF INSPIRATION: For Families Navigating High School
- 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Atonement Family Center, 2940 Forest Glade Drive, WINDSOR
- Advance registration is required
- Register by Thurs. Nov. 1, 2018
- An information flyer will be available soon
Is your son or daughter heading into high school or are they in high school now? Do they have an IEP and/or live with a disability? Are they thinking about a future after high school?
Be prepared to be inspired as families share their high school experiences. Stories, tips, and resources will assist parents and students with understanding secondary school and beyond. Here is what you can expect:
- Family Stories
- Tips on Navigating Pathways and Course Selection
- Helpful Hints on Preparing for Transition to High School, during High school and beyond
- Family Created Resources
- Useful Links to Ministry Documents
- Time to Network with Other Parents
- Questions and Answers
THANK YOU again to the Enhancing Family Support for Education group, and for the in-kind support and/or volunteers for this initiative from: Children First, Family Respite Services, John McGivney Children’s Centre, Community Living Windsor, Community Living Essex County, Windsor Essex Brokerage for Personal Supports, and Windsor-Essex Family Network. Also thank you to the Greater Essex County District School Board and the Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board for sharing the flyer and information about the event with families.
November 26 and 27, 2018
Dreaming big and working toward the life you want with knowledge, planning tools and advocacy strategies is important for all of us. Families, professionals and allies will be learning about inclusion, education and the importance of building connections and relationships with each other.