Upcoming events are described on this page. Scroll down to the event you are interested in and register for the event there!
My Home My Choice 2021 Virtual Series Begins . . .
First event details:
Wed. January 20th, 2021
6:30 – 8:00pm
Affordable Living! An event for people, families and friends.
- Learn about the Canada-Ontario Housing Benefit (COHB) & More: Portable housing benefits intended to increase the affordability of rental housing and assist low-income households in Windsor and Essex County; learn how to be prepared to access benefits as they become available in the future.
- Family Stories: Two people, two different paths, different learnings, visions and goals. Main story: “My journey to reaching the goal of a ‘nice’ affordable apartment and a full life.”
Save the Dates! Virtual series continues Wednesdays …
- Feb. 3 – Family conversation: an individualized everyday life, 7 – 8 pm
- Feb. 17 – Learning Event: Family Stories and More, 6:30 – 8 pm
- March 3 – Family conversation: individualized everyday lives plus, 7 – 8 pm
- March 17 – Learning Event: Family Stories and More, 6:30 – 8 pm
School Entry Information Sessions – FREE
Learn more about the steps to transitioning your son or daughter living with disabilities into school and how to partner with educators at one of these FREE events.
Evening Session: Thursday, January 28th, 2021
- 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- Pre-register by noon, Wednesday, January 27th, 2021
Morning Session: Tuesday, February 2nd, 2021
- 9:30 am to 11:00 am
- Pre-register by noon, Monday, February 1st, 2021
- A link to this Zoom event will be provided closer to the event to those who register
- A phone-in option will be available, but some info may be shared on the screen
Parents will share their transition to school story and what helped them the most. Professionals from Children First and the John McGivney Children’s Centre School Authority speak about the agency and school board support for children living with disabilities entering school.
Each family will be sent resources after the event including a Parent Tips for School Entry and Beyond booklet created by families for families and more.
A virtual learning event created by families for families
A Virtual Q & A Session for Parents and Caregivers
Teenage Substance Abuse
EVENT POSTPONED UNTIL 2021
If you were interested in attending this session, please email us at email@example.com and we will keep you in the loop when we have a future date.
Do you know or suspect your teen is using alcohol or drugs? Have you noticed things with your teen or young adult such as:
- Substance use has increased during Covid?
- It’s impacting their schooling?
- Seeing mood swings along with changes in behavior?
- They have lost interest in activities they once enjoyed?
Dropping old friends for new ones?
- They’re acting: despondent or aggressive and out of character,
sleeping more than usual, breaking rules, exhibiting physical
changes like nose bleeds or weight loss?
- Changes that are affecting the whole family?
- You are wondering if this is just a phase, or if it’s becoming a problem?
If you are asking yourself any of these questions,
you may find answers at this session!
Join us for this virtual event with a mental health and addictions counsellor. They will provide insight into these behaviours and the recommendations parents or caregivers could take to mitigate the effects on the whole family. The session is designed just for families and caregivers of young people who are using and/or abusing alcohol and drugs.