Please scroll down this page to find the event you are interested in or want to register for. We often have more than one event on the go. Thank you!
Exploring the Power of Support Circles
Learning Series 2022-2023 – Session Two Info & Registration Below!
This unique virtual learning series was initially designed for people with disabilities, families, friends, independent facilitators, supporters and allies from Windsor and Essex County. As such, we began to build a learning community in Windsor and Essex County in 2021-2022.
The entire learning series called “Exploring the Power of Support Circles” – four sessions, four themes – started with Session One on November 23, 2022. See the information for Session Two, January 11, 2023 below!
For anyone thinking about registering: People can register for any ONE or more of the sessions – it is your choice! Note that registration is limited in order to support time for conversation. There is still room for a few additional participants in Session Two!
What we have learned from individuals and families . . . .
- Participants appreciate being able to register for just one or two different sessions to start getting some background for the future. Others are registering for the sessions they missed in the first series.
- Those who have had past exposure to the concepts are choosing to take the full series, all four sessions, to be ready for actively working on a Support Circle in the near future or to support others to do so.
No matter where you are on your journey – whether you are new to the idea of a Support Circle, or not – this type of learning benefits individuals and families at every stage of life – from childhood through to adulthood.
For a full description of all four sessions in the learning series, see this flyer: Learning Series, Exploring the Power of Support Circles, 2022-23
To read about our presenter: About Judith McGill-A Biography
To learn more about SESSION TWO being held Wednesday, January 11, 2023 and/or to register for any of the sessions please scroll further down this page.
APPRECIATION: Windsor-Essex Family Network would like to thank the Windsor-Essex Relationship/Circles Group, including family leaders, along with our partners from Windsor-Essex Brokerage for Personal Supports, Family Respite Services, and Community Living Windsor who have provided in-kind support, volunteer time, and sponsorship funding for this Support Circle initiative. Note: This Support Circle initiative was birthed out of the work of the My Home My Choice Initiative & Relationships work – many thanks to this leadership and guidance!
SESSION TWO, Creating a Sense of Belonging to a Community
Wednesday, January 11, 2023 – 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Join us with Judith McGill to:
- Hear directly from people with established Support Circles
- Explore the meaning of Support Circle membership
- Learn about deepening of relationships and a sense of belonging
- Hear about working through uncertainty and fears.
Judith, of LifePath Training and Facilitation, is a sibling, independent facilitator, adult educator and author with more than two decades of experience assisting people and families with the development of Support Circles.
About Registration . . . .
- ADVANCE REGISTRATIONS: For those who have already pre-registered for Sessions 2, 3 & 4 there is no need to register again! We will be sending you a Session 2 flyer as a reminder for your fridge or bulletin board!
- For those who have not yet registered for Session 2, there is still some room.
- Registration is limited! Registration will close when Session 2 is full!
SESSION TWO FLYER: Click here for Jan 11, 2023 Flyer – Creating a Sense of Belonging
This virtual learning series continues in 2023.
- January 11, 2023: Session Two: Creating a Sense of Belonging to a Community
- February 22, 2023: Session Three: Building a Support Circle
- April 19, 2023: Session Four: Keeping a Support Circle Alive Over Time