Upcoming events are described on this page. Scroll down to the event you are interested in and register for the event there!
A Virtual Q & A Session for Parents and Caregivers
Teenage Substance Abuse
EVENT POSTPONED UNTIL 2021
If you were interested in attending this session, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep you in the loop when we have a future date.
Do you know or suspect your teen is using alcohol or drugs? Have you noticed things with your teen or young adult such as:
- Substance use has increased during Covid?
- It’s impacting their schooling?
- Seeing mood swings along with changes in behavior?
- They have lost interest in activities they once enjoyed?
Dropping old friends for new ones?
- They’re acting: despondent or aggressive and out of character,
sleeping more than usual, breaking rules, exhibiting physical
changes like nose bleeds or weight loss?
- Changes that are affecting the whole family?
- You are wondering if this is just a phase, or if it’s becoming a problem?
If you are asking yourself any of these questions,
you may find answers at this session!
Join us for this virtual event with a mental health and addictions counsellor. They will provide insight into these behaviours and the recommendations parents or caregivers could take to mitigate the effects on the whole family. The session is designed just for families and caregivers of young people who are using and/or abusing alcohol and drugs.
At this time, the My Home, My Choice organizing committee is currently POSTPONING the My Home, My Choice 2020 event. It will be rescheduled for another date. In the meantime, check out our My Home, My Choice page for resources created and collected by families for families.
My Home My Choice 2020
An event for people, families, friends & partners. Learn about what you can do to get started!
EVENT POSTPONED! NEW DATE TBD.
- Zoom into the event!
- Planning with the person; keys to that: relationships and developing a vision
- Inspirational stories that highlight the success of listening
- Real lived experience of people and families at various stages prior to and after creation of their own home option
- Ontario Renovates Second Residential Unit Program
- And more!