Dreaming big and working toward the life you want with knowledge, planning tools and advocacy strategies. Families and their allies will learn about inclusive education and the importance of building connections and relationships.
Come hear facilitator, Erin Sheldon of Integration Action for Inclusion and local parent leaders Monica Gilles and Rose Lamug in the evening. Choose between two sessions.
EVENING SESSION: Wed, June 20, 2018 – 6:30 – 8:30 pm
DAYTIME SESSION: Thurs, June 21, 2018 – 12:30 – 2:30 pm
Location for both sessions: 7025 Enterprise Way, Windsor
- REGISTER FOR EITHER SESSION
- On-line by clicking on this link: https://bit.ly/2JceGM6
- OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please register by Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Relationships, Networks, Microboards & More!
A day-time conference/event for people, families, support networks/circles and allies!
SPEAKERS & PANELISTS: Linda Perry, Brendon Pooran, Erin Sheldon, Kathleen Gifford and others!! This event will be an opportunity to get connected with volunteers, allies and affiliates wanting people to be supported in their decisions for the life they want and need into the future through trusting relationships. Come out! Learn! Share! Find out why all this is important!
What you can expect:
- Intros and Some History; Family Stories; Panel Discussions
- Knowledgeable Speakers; Questions and Answers;
- Topics of interest:
- Why a Microboard?* Why a Provincial Body?
- Relationships – Support Networks, Circles, Microboards and More
- Making the decision to move forward , etc.
Community Living Windsor, 7025 Enterprise Way, Windsor
- REGISTER by Friday, June 15, 2018 for the in-person event:
- COST is $10 per person at this location (lunch is provided)
Family leaders, Family Networks, Independent Facilitators and Direct Service Providing Agencies are working together to put on this unique event – a provincial conference with Zoom video-conferencing. Windsor-Essex Family Network is happy to be doing its part! . . . . . Appreciation to the many partners supporting this event, and to the Zoom site sponsors across the province.
*What is a Microboard? A Microboard™ is a small (micro) group of committed family and friends (a minimum of 5 people) who join together with the individual to create a non-profit society (board). Together, you help the individual: plan his/her life; brainstorm ideas; advocate for what they need; monitor services and ensure they are safe; connect to his/her wider community; and do fun things together.
To find out about a Zoom Gathering in other communities, please email: email@example.com