Scroll down to the event you are interested in!
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
A learning event created by families for families
A NIGHT OF INFORMATION: For Families Navigating High School
- 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm – Nov. 20, 2019
- Atonement Family Center, 2940 Forest Glade Drive, WINDSOR
- Advance registration is required
Is your son or daughter heading into high school or are they in high school now? Do they have an IEP and/or live with a disability? Are they thinking about a future after high school?
Be prepared to be inspired as families share their high school experiences. Stories, tips, and resources will assist parents and students with understanding secondary school and beyond. Here is what you can expect:
- Family Stories
- Tips on Navigating Pathways and Course Selection
- Helpful Hints on Preparing for Transition to High School, during High school and beyond
- Family Created Resources
- Useful Links to Ministry Documents
- Time to Network with Other Parents
- Questions and Answers
Windsor-Essex Family Network would like to thank the Enhancing Family Support for Education group, and for the in-kind support and/or volunteers for this initiative from: Children First, Family Respite Services, John McGivney Children’s Centre, Community Living Windsor, Community Living Essex County, Windsor Essex Brokerage for Personal Supports, Windsor-Essex Family Network and Integration Action for Inclusion. Also thank you to the Greater Essex County District School Board and the Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board for sharing the flyer and information about the event with families.
Wednesday, Novembers 13, 2019
Let’s Talk About Bill 47:
Independent Contractors or Employees?
Join us for a light dinner and a FREE information night for people and families who purchase the service of self-employed/independent contractors.
Bill 47 – Making Ontario Open for Business Act replaced Bill 148 – Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act on Nov. 21, 2018. Please join us for this information session to talk about the impacts of Bill 47 on people and families who purchase the service of self-employed/independent contractors.
Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2019 from 5:30 – 9:00 pm
Other Place Catering (1395 Walker Road, Windsor)
What you can expect:
- Presentation by employment lawyer, J. P. Karam of Willis Law
- Dedicated time for Questions and Answers for people and families to share and learn together
- See flyer for more details
Register by November 4, 2019 by clicking here
- Or by emailing Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: FREE
- Hosted by Windsor-Essex Brokerage for Personal Supports and partners
Thursday, November 14, 2019
One day workshop with Peter Marks
CONSCIOUS CARE AND SUPPORT
Thursday, Nov. 14, 2019 from 9 am – 4 pm
Atonement Family Centre (2940 Forest Glade Dr, Windsor)
Conscious Care and Support (CCS) is a training, development and consulting program for community support professionals, parents, family members, teachers and psycho-social professionals – “supporters who provide service and support to individuals of all ages who have autism and other developmental disabilities.”
Overall, CCS addresses two key components to complement and enhance current approaches:
- Biomedical, energy balancing and protection, sensory and neurodevelopment interventions.
- Development of supporters’ emotional maturity and mindful self-regulation skills.