Windsor-Essex Family Network depends on volunteers to do the work of strengthening families. The gift of time, whether for a short time or a long-term commitment is welcomed. It always makes an impact.
Family Mentors are individuals who have a son, daughter, sister or brother living with disability who want to assist other families experiencing similar situations. This is one of the back-bones that support our core values around ‘families helping families’. Family leaders also volunteer time to put together their stories for inspiring others. They are often supported by other families to make it happen.
See the Family-to-Family section of our website to learn more about being a Family-to-Family Mentor and the many ways volunteers offer family-to-family support. Please contact us if you have are interested in becoming a Family-to-Family Mentor or would like to volunteer in other ways. Family-to-family support happens in a variety of ways!
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Windsor Essex Family Network has other opportunities for friends and family members who would like to volunteer their time. If you have a particular gift or talent you would like to share, we would be interested in hearing from you. Below is a list of some of the opportunities:
- Putting together information packages for events (especially good for high school students looking for community hours)
- Assisting with learning events
- Helping in the office – filing, cleaning, shredding
- Assistance in the resource library
- Fundraising ideas
- Assistance with grant proposals
- Becoming a member of the Board of Directors
- Ad Hoc Groups and Board Sub-committees
- Speaking at events
- And more